Bulk discounts available. Contact our office at 909-543-6003 to inquire.
This is much more than a handbook. This is a comprehensive workbook with practical guidance. Presented in this workbook of the nonprofit organization, Self Enquiry Life Fellowship, is an introductory manual for a high energy lifestyle, conducive to mindful living and harmonious with the natural principles of life.
Key Questions Answered
The workbook was first introduced as reading material to supplement the direct instructions in a retreat on Lifeforce & Lifestyle. All the relevant details for a daily discipline towards a meditative lifestyle are captured in a structure that resonates with the four pillars of the Hansavedas gateway. Life Principles, Life Energy, Life Resource and Life Fellowship constitute the four major chapters of this workbook. Furthermore, the section on Life Energy about prāna is further delineated into four pillars: Biorhythms, Balancing Breath, Balancing Drinkables and Balancing Edibles. Teachings in this workbook draw upon careful interpretation and practical experience from translating the Sanskrit scriptures on Atharvaveda and Ayurveda. Subtle concepts and practical applications of agni (positive ion or fire principle) and soma (negative ion or the principle of subtle nectar in moonlight, mist or microhydrated water) are recurrent themes, and thereby embedded as hints in the presentation on prānic replenishment. The sections develop the contents in alignment with the innate urge (ājihirshabodha) for breath, thirst and hunger. This division is due to nourishment in the three forms of air, drinks and edibles; and the desire for breathing, quenching thirst and satiating hunger, which is the main function of prāna. Furthermore, the prāna calendar is readily embraced by understanding the biorhythms that help us maintain balance.
The presentation style is based on the curriculum teachings by His Holiness Swami Vidyadhishananda through the fellowship classes of Self Enquiry Life Fellowship and the Hansavedas sangha. The intention is to articulate a high prānic lifestyle rooted in mindfulness and compassion as rendered by the classical teachings from ancient lineages of meditation.
- What is my body type or Ayurvedic Dosha constitution?
- What is the effect of food taste on my Dosha constitution?
- What is the basis of Ayurvedic Dosha in relation to the five elements in nature?
- How does Ayurvedic Dosha or VPK define the root cause of health?
- Is there a chart showing how natural elements combine to define an Ayurvedic Dosha?
- How are the six tastes defined by the five elements?
- How is gut feeling related to brain clarity?
- Why are we all coconut heads? Find out the signature relationship of a human head with a coconut.
- Why is mint cold, yogurt slow while onion and garlic are sharp in Ayurveda?
- Even though it tastes great, is mango lassi recommended from an Ayurvedic perspective?
- Why should I prefer a masticating juicer for fresh juicing?
- Why should I care about glycemic index?
- Do I need to be careful about tomatoes even if they are heirloom?
- Am I eating foods that are evolving faster than I am?
- Where do I find a food classification chart as per the Dosha constitution?
- Ghee has been called a golden elixir of life. How do I make it at home?
- Which cooking oil is best suited for high heat cooking?
- Teff is an ancient wonder seed. How do I cook it in a wholesome meal?
- What greens can be chosen for making balanced Ayurvedic salads?
- Are preferred oils for garnishing also good as cooking oils?
- What is a simple healing detox dish made with grains and lentil?
- What should I know about hybrids and heirlooms?
- Which ancient grains are gluten-free?
- What should I know about legumes in my regular diet?
- What bean or lentil should I cook for a Wednesday meal?
- Why is meditating on the full moon good for me?
- Are eclipses good opportunities for meditators?
- What is the total number of nadi or energy channels in a human body?
- What type of prana or vital energy guides all my muscular movements?
- How is my heartbeat connected to the biorhythms?
- What is the pranic breath that is the foundation for pranayama techniques?
- Are there pranayama techniques to increase our awareness of the internal sound current, which is so helpful in mindfulness?
- What is the innate urge that causes satiation through prana intake?
- Are there breathing techniques that keep my intestines healthier?
- Are there yoga sequences for superior fitness where the breathwork is synchronized with flowing postural movements?
- Why is Monday assigned to the Moon, Tuesday to Mars and Thursday to Jupiter?
- Which nostril is dominant for my breathing in the morning of a full moon day?
- Which nostril should be dominant before dawn or before the early morning’s equal breath time period on a Tuesday versus on a Friday?
- How is the dynamic soli-lunar calendar based on the sexagesimal system?
- What are seven types of ritual bathing for rejuvenation?
- Is all matter and energy one and linked or discrete and innumerable?
- If Sanskrit philosophy explains evolution, what are the first three evolutes?
- What are the nine states of being that nature beholds for us?
- How are the five prana related to the subtle sense organs?
- Is mind the sixth sense or the eleventh sense? Are there five subtle sense organs or ten of them?